delicious and easy keto-friendly dinner idea that aligns with the keto diet
Indulge in a keto-friendly delight with our Garlic Butter Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles recipe. Low in carbs, high in flavor, and ready in minutes. A perfect choice for a healthy, satisfying dinner
Table of Contents
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for added heat)
- Prepare the Zucchini Noodles:
- Using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler, create zucchini noodles (zoodles). Set them aside on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Cook the Shrimp:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
- Make the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) to the butter. Sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Combine the Zoodles and Shrimp:
- Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet with the garlic butter sauce. Toss them gently for about 2-3 minutes until they are heated through and slightly softened. Be careful not to overcook; you want them to have a slight crunch.
- Add the Shrimp and Parmesan:
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet with the zucchini noodles.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the mixture.
- Stir everything together until the shrimp and zucchini noodles are coated with the garlic butter sauce and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Garnish the dish with freshly chopped parsley for a burst of freshness and color.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Enjoy Your Keto-Friendly Dinner:
- Serve your delicious garlic butter shrimp and zucchini noodles hot. You can also squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over the top for some extra flavor.
This keto-friendly dinner is not only low in carbohydrates but also packed with flavor and healthy fats. It’s perfect for anyone following a keto diet or simply looking for a light and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
FAQ: Can I substitute the shrimp with another protein source if I don’t eat seafood?
Certainly! If you prefer a different protein source or don’t consume seafood, you can easily swap out the shrimp for alternatives like chicken breast, lean beef strips, or tofu. Just ensure that your chosen protein aligns with your dietary preferences and requirements. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure your protein is cooked thoroughly and enjoy your customized keto-friendly meal!
Can I use frozen shrimp for this keto dinner recipe?
Absolutely! You can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them properly before cooking. To thaw frozen shrimp, place them in a bowl of cold water for about 10-15 minutes or follow the thawing instructions on the packaging. Once thawed, pat them dry with a paper towel before adding them to the skillet. Enjoy your convenient and delicious keto dinner!
Can I substitute the shrimp in this keto dinner recipe with another protein source?
Absolutely! If you’re not a fan of shrimp or have dietary restrictions, you can easily substitute it with other keto-friendly proteins such as grilled chicken, salmon, or tofu. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure your chosen protein is cooked to perfection. Enjoy your customized keto dinner!